There’s nothing like the pressure of a date on Valentine’s Day to be a Chick-Flick worthy night out,
whether it be with your partner celebrate your love for each other or a girl’s night out to celebrate being single and in love with life. It can be stressful to put everything together and in that case we have to say, relax. We've go you covered with these pointers to make the date a little easier:
Get glowing. Moisturise your skin to create a healthy, glowing skin. Add a dash of body shimmer, not too much in order to prevent looking like a walking disco ball.
Get a red manicure. It may sound like a cliché but, adding a pop of red will compliment the natural glow of your skin while well groomed nails gives you a perfect polished off look. P.S. Slip a pocket size hand lotion into your handbag to keep your hands soft and moisturised.
When it comes to make up, don’t go overboard and too dramatic. Choose your favourite feature and focus on it and use the rest to subtly compliment your best feature. For example if you favour your eyes focus your make up on them and avoid having bold lips or if you’re focusing on your lips keep your eye makeup to a minimal.
If you’re at a loss for what make up look to go for, try romantic rose look. What you will need for this look is of course your foundation and concealer, blush, brow pencil and mascara, but the other additions will be:
- A base eye shadow in golden bronze colour.
- A sparkly rose or light pink loose powder
- A red/berry/hot pink tinted lip balm
- Apply the base shadow all over the lid with a brush. You can also wing it out and include the crease.
- Dip a round tip brush into the loose powder then gently stamp on the outer corner of your eye lid to mimic a “C”.
- Add some mascara (No to thick) and some white liner on your bottom lid and dab a little white shimmer I your inner corner on your eyes to make them pop.
- Finish the look by outlining and filling in your lips with the gloss balm and adding a light layer of blush to your cheeks.
- Always remember to not forget your brows
For hair, here’s a list of three perfect hairstyles (and how to recreate them) if you’re looking to try something new for the biggest date night of the year. Opt for something casual and comfortable, loose and angelic or sleek and sexy.
If you decide on a casual and comfortable look, try a side fish braid, it’s a quick and easy to do style:
- Gather your hair onto one side and brush it through so that there are notangles or knots.
- Separate your hair into two sections.
- Take a small section of hair from the back of one section and bring it over to the front of the opposite section.
- Then, repeat this alternating the side that you are taking the hair from until you reach the bottom of your hair.
- Tie the bottom with elastic (you can use an elastic in the same colour as your hair, wrap a strand of hair around the elastic or tie a small ribbon or add a small accessory over the elastic to hide it.)
- For a more casual look, slightly pull the sides of the braid to loosen it.
- When you’re done, to avoid frizz, give it a quick spray with a hairspray
The loose angelic look can be created by wavy hair that will create a soft face framing effect
- The night before Valentine’s Day, separate your hair into two sections.
- Create two classic braids and sleep in this hairstyle. If you have just showered, the waves will be even better.
- The next day, undo your two braids and redo your hair into one braid; this will keep the hair wavy, but by reconfiguring the direction of the strands, it'll look more natural by the end of the day.
- When you are getting ready, undo your braid and spray in holding product to prevent your hair from losing shape.
- You can re-style this look by following steps 1-4 and then creating a loose half up-do or full up-do and leaving a few loose wispy strands.
And finally if you prefer sleek and sexy try a high ponytail, it’s a classic face opener style and won’t leave you all night blowing away that one strand of hair that doesn’t know where to go.
- Spray a heat protectant such onto dry hair.
- With a straightening iron, straighten your hair completely.
- Comb a small amount of hair gel through the top portion of your hair.
- Flip your hair overhead and run your hands through it, collecting it into a ponytail; fasten it tightly.
- Spray an extra holding spray over your hair to avoid any frizz.
Whether you're having a casual day out, Girls night or a romantic dinner for two, these hairstyles will suit any Valentine's Day event
To finally end of your preparation for the date it’s time to put on the perfect outfit. February 14th always calls for flirty, feminine dressing that screams “love is in the air” but it’s not always as easy to pull it all together. Now this section isn’t here to tell you what to where, but it will give some guide to the perfect outfit.
Fitting - What better time to wear a fitted, curve-hugging red dress than on Valentine's Day? Try something to with ruching on the bottom half if you want to hide imperfections and accentuate the best part your body."
Lace – Lace always lends a hint of femininity to any outfit when done in moderation like lace shoulders or a lace trim at the bottom of a dress.
Sexy with comfy - There's nothing more sophisticated and sexy than a sleek strapless dress. Adding an oversize cardigan softens up the look, which is perfect for a cuddly date night."
Edgy Feminine - Take a flirty skirt, add a crop top and a leather jacket, and you have just the right amount of sexiness to grab a few cocktails with your guy.
One piece - Jumpsuits can easily be dressed up or down, so whether you're going out somewhere fancy or just keeping it casual, it will work for both occasions
Now you can finalize your perfect date for Date night and just have fun and remember a smile is the most beautiful accessory a woman can wear.