This oxymoron has broken through TV series, celebrity status ranks and most definitively TRENDS!
We have come a long way for the hit 80’s movie franchise “Revenge of the Nerds”. From some of the worlds’ most influential and wealthy business people amassing wealth, the geek has become main stream. Think Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and the silver screen’s Ugly Betty and Big Bang Theory.
OH yes, geek chic is here to stay. Who says you can’t be intelligent and trendy? From fashion, personal technology and make up the nerds and fashionista’s have merged. Affirming the less pronounced belief that being head savvy is definitely cool! For the gals who wear glasses, here are a few make up tips:
- #LIPS- One of the top makeup tips for eyeglass wearers is to save those bright and bold colors for your lips! Want a pop of pink? Do it on your lips! What about some violet? Your lips! It’ll make all of the difference ladies!
- #MASCARA- A lot of the makeup tips for eyeglass wearers say that mascara is bad and will stick against the lenses of your glasses – this could not be further from the truth! Mascara will only highlight your eyes and really bring them out from behind your glasses, so mascara it up!
- #BLUSH- Add a bit of color to your face and get that warm summer glow with a little bit of pink along the apples of your cheeks. It frames your face and makes glasses blend in with your gorgeous features.
- #SMOKYEYES- Ladies, just because you have glasses on, doesn’t mean that you have to ditch the smoky eyes! Just double the liner to make sure that you accentuate your fabulous eyes and you’ll see how beautiful your smoky eyes look behind your glasses.
- #EYELINER- Do your eyes appear a lot smaller because of your glasses? Make sure that you really make them pop out by using #eyeliner all around your eyes!
We actually love these makeup tips for eyeglass wearers, because so many of us forget, we can actually play with our eyeliner, eyeshadow and even blush! Just the smallest little tip upward or a natural cat-eye is a great way to really make your eyes stand out behind those glasses.